Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story

Go down 
+4
TheMaskedFerret
Cogsworth
Neysa
JulianAmici
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:39 pm

JIC 10,13,11

Knowing how things always seemed to devolve around her friends, Izora had kept an eye on where they had moved to after leaving her presence. So when she heard the sound of shattering glass Izora had moved her hands closer to the weapons she wore. Scanning the room she noted the Deneith bodyguard had also shifted from his conversation and was preparing to act.

That's good. I know of at least one more well trained sword.

Izora watched as Da'ren began his ridiculous walk. When his, admittedly brilliant, musicians changed musical tactics all Izora could think was What are you up to now, you fop? Despite the gentle twitching of her lips at the show Da'ren was putting on, she didn't trust that he was all that he seemed. For all that he was an entertaining sort of fool, his jokes always seemed to strike home.(Sense Motive:1d20+9=29)

After hearing the dwarf's comment about messy ends, Izora decided it was time to make her way over to Adriana. Just in case.
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: A scream in the Night!   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:41 pm

As the room waits for Da'ren's choice of targets, every eye seems to be on the dwarf and the fop. In the background thunder rumbles as you realize it has begun raining, hard. The near silence in the hall stretches out a moment as the musicians seem to hold their music awaiting the direction of the host. Da'ren considers his options, seemingly in thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least until a woman screams from outside. Within moments everyone one of the adventuring types (including Margaash) is outside looking around. Curtains of water fall from the sky as you step out onto the walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening. A woman across the bridge is sobbing and running towards you, pointing back and crying hysterically. You all rush across the bridge from the gallery and the woman pushes through you all to get away.

IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 Adv1-1b_zpsacc78f26

Pasha, Adriana, and Hundwin - You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and the rain.

Margaash grumbles "What's all the ruckus about?" He doesn't seem to notice the pouring rain, nor does he seem to be looking in the same direction as the three perceptive adventurers (Pasha, Adriana, and Hundwin).

Pasha, Adriana, and Hundwin: The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers—Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel, still clutched tightly in the body’s hand, lies in the expanding puddle of water and gore.

OOC: Roll initiative and declare your actions - you see no current threats, but we are in tactical rounds. I used your last posted JIC rolls for your perception rolls. - Tom, please make sure to post JIC rolls with your posts - I had to go make rolls for you.

Tactical Combat Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1fWlRXenPpvaNbJtF9uXAFL1eURvY47kYqmWcR4Ib-Gk/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by JulianAmici on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm

JIC 20, 7, 4

Initiative 6 + 2 = 8

Hundwin pulls the hood of his cloak up over his head and releases his human appearance. He feels his senses becoming sharper. He doesn't know if this is a true fact or not, but if he is to face danger, he will do so with his real face. Then, he reaches out through the empathic link he shares with his wolf, Big Dog, and calls the animal to him. Cautiously, kukri in hand, he brushes past the dwarf and human mercenaries and moves toward the body on the bridge.

"My Lord Margaash," he calls over his shoulder to his employer. "I think I see a body on the bridge!"

He doesn't mention the shadowy figure. That could be his imagination, but he supposes that as he gets closer his keen low light vision will reveal the figure again. If so, he intends to apprehend the lurker. Killer or witness, the Inquisitives of the City Watch will want to talk to that one.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:21 am

JIC:
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,20) :

Initiative:
1d20+2=10

Silently cursing both his lack of armor and his negligible weaponry, Skjoldur had to move fast to keep up with the elf. "Rushing unprepared into the unknown invites problems. For least sake, do not outrun your bodyguard." When Da'Ren finally slowed, Skjoldur took the time to remove his jacket, holding it in his offhand. More of a distraction than a shield, but better than nothing, I suppose.

Standard action: remove jacket
Move action: keep pace with Da'ren
Free action: Speak to Da'ren

Last edited by Smilingotter on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 pm

JIC: 10,17,12

Izora glanced around in the darkness. The stillness of the night made her nervous. She felt a tingle on the back of her neck. Something wasn't quite right here. (Perception:1d20+6=22) She withdrew her weapons and shifted her weight onto the balls of her feet and got ready for anything. She moved around the rest of the group to stand several feet behind the bodyguard. She could see in all directions from here. Now it was just a matter of deciding from which direction the trouble was coming.

Move action: move to front of group
Free action: withdraw weapons
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
Neysa
Supervisory Special Agent
Neysa

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Initiative: 11
JIC: 2, 17, 13

Pasha sees the body, the clutched bag, and barely catches a glimpse of a cloaked figure before it disappears into the rain and darkness. She moves away from the lamp, to try to get a better view of the situation on the skybridge. She is curious about the reason for the vicious attack, and wonders if it involves the contents of the victim's satchel.

Pasha makes a mental tally: Bodyguard on alert, Skjoldur near Da'ren, Izora with weapons ready. She worries about the unguarded gallery. Even though she isn't on official Kundarak business, protecting high value items is her job. Pasha feels her right hand start to tingle. She takes a steadying breath. She glances again at the group. Why does trouble always seem to find us?

Move action: move my speed north, keeping both bridges in my line of sight.
Standard action: Perception check. (1d20=1) Apparently negated by the pouring rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story   IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IC: After the Last War - an Eberron Story
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: Gaming :: D&D & Pathfinder :: Current Campaigns :: After the Last War (Pathfinder Eberron)-
Jump to: