Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

After the Last War - OOC

Go down 
+4
Anna
Kenzia Lamwald
Smilingotter
JulianAmici
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:28 am

Investigating (possibly) dead bodies and (presumably) damsels in distress aren't in Skjoldur's job description. Keeping his host/employer alive is.

Ig'nernt question time: I missed the memo on what a JIC roll is.

Pat - you asked about my character sheet. All the info is pretty much in Skjoldur's thread, but I'll expand on it to make things more obvious.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

JIC = Just In Case, as in "just in case the DM needs to make a perception roll for you.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:17 pm

or acrobatics or sense motive, or whatever Smile

I should reiterate, however, what I mean by declare your actions. I am going to put up an interactive map here very shortly, so you can move yourself.

Everyone has a Standard Action, Move Action and no more than 4 free actions. Free actions can include a short phrase of talking or other actions which will mean you say less (see the SRD and your feats/skills for examples) - "I see a body" is an example of a short phrase - in general keep it to less than 6-8 syllables or so. That's not a hard fast rule, just a general rule to use by. The other option is to say aloud what you want to say and ensure you can say it less than 6 seconds.

So declaring your actions might include:

Hundwin wrote:
Standard Action: Look around for the shadowed figure
Move Action: Move my speed towards the body and draw my weapons (the latter assuming you have a +1 BAB).
Free Action: Speech
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Well, I thought I had that down in the narrative that I'd written, but to clarify if it wasn't:

Free Action #1: summon Big Dog via our link.

Free Action #2: assume natural form, more of a roleplaying choice than anything affecting what I'm gonna do.

Free Action #3: tell Maargash where I'm going.

Standard Action: prepare myself for potential battle, draw weapon & so forth.

Move Action: walk toward the body.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Smilingotter wrote:
Pat - you asked about my character sheet. All the info is pretty much in Skjoldur's thread, but I'll expand on it to make things more obvious.

Thanks - it's just easier to see it all when it's laid out on a sheet proper - if you want, there are text pathfinder sheets you can use instead: https://somag.rpg-board.net/t125-character-sheets#2247 or the PDF one is in that same thread.

Steven: It's just easier to expressly say it after the narrative for the ease of all. I gathered what you were doing, but it's always better to say unequivocally what you are doing. Kinda like when Jeff is playing magic he announces the phases just to make sure he doesn't miss anything. He doesn't need to, but it's a useful mnemonic for the ease of all involved.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:01 pm

I've uploaded the tactical map to google docs and you can now move your own mini about. if you want to move, please do. For ease of dealing with movement - we'll use 4E movement rules online - ie diagonals are the same as horizontal or vertical movements in terms of movement squares. 5 ft = 1 square, as normal.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:06 pm

I've moved Hundwin. With a move of 40 ft. he can get himself from point A to point B fairly quick.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Updated my last "in game' post with my actions. And edited Skjoldur's thread with link to character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm going to make my move and post at some point tonight, But I have to put a tornado to bed first.
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 pm

NEXT!
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Just an FYI, Jodi, I fixed a spelling error in your post.  You'd written "form" when you obviously meant "from."  Grammar Nazi is taking control more and more often.  Somebody help me!
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

hello?

(hears echo)

did I miss the memo about not playing anymore? confused confused confused 
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 pm

I've been waiting for somebody to post.

Here's an idea, just for discussion for right now, but how about we start a non-dice-using roleplay? By that I mean something more like a cooperative storytelling project. I've done this before (more than once, actually), and it can be a lot of fun, and you don't have to wait for people to make posts with rolls or for their to be a GM (although having at least one person with a general idea of where the story should be going or at least handling the part of the "bad guys" is often a good idea). It might make for a fun exercise in anticipation of NaNoWriMo.

Thoughts? If so, I'm gonna nip over to the New Lands of Make Believe forum and start a discussion thread there.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Sorry guys, part of this is me staying on folks to stay active. Anna has pretty much given up, and Tony has been super busy of late - my own situation has been anything but ideal as well. I will move us forward soon (this week sometime). Sorry everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the Last War - OOC
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: Gaming :: D&D & Pathfinder :: Current Campaigns :: After the Last War (Pathfinder Eberron)-
Jump to: